Here is a complete list of the Services and Techniques we offer:
Here are a few different conditions we treat:
· Low back pain
· Disc injuries
· Neck pain
· Sports injuries
· Shoulder pain
· Muscle strains
· Knee injuries
· Arthritis and joint pain
· Work related injuries
· Ankle injuries
· Auto accidents and whiplash
· Carpal tunnel syndrome
· Plantar Fasciitis
We use the following treatment techniques to get you well:
· Diversified adjusting
· Thompson drop-table adjusting
· Gonstead adjusting
· Activator/ adjusting
· Extremity adjusting
We also offer the following additional services:
· Physical therapy modalities – electrotherapy & traction
· Soft tissue massage
· Lifestyle, work and nutritional counseling
· Exercise and rehabilitation programs
· Orthotics, braces and supports
· Extremity adjusting
· Electric stimulation therapy – Uses electrical stimulation in order to treat pain and re-train muscles that have difficulty contracting. This therapy can also increase circulation, range of motion and improve overall function.
· Traction/Decompression – This therapy is a great non-surgical option for those with neck and back pain. It is performed by gently stretching the spine to release pressure and pain caused by an intervertebral disc.
· Soft tissue massage – Therapeutic massage therapy is the mobilization of soft tissues to normal use. It can be very effective tohelp the treatment of your musculoskeletal complaints, as well as neuromuscular, lymphatic and circulatory function. Our licensed massage therapists are trained to pinpoint the source of your pain to get you feeling well again. They specialize in a variety of techniques and will pinpoint areas causing your problems.
· Exercise and rehabilitation programs – After performing an assessment and examination our doctor might give you specific aerobic exercises, strength exercises or stretches to perform. These will be specific to your needs and include what types of exercises will be beneficial as well as the amount of time each exercise should be performed. The most important part of these exercises is safety and we can help you along the way as you reach your fitness goals.
· Foam Rolling – This is one of the many massage techniques that we use at Pleasant Hill Chiropractic. Foam rollers are typically long and cylindrical foam exercise devices that are used for massage and fitness. They can provide a number of health benefits for athletes including pain relief, improved joint range of motion, and myofascial release.
· Orthotics, braces and supports – Orthotics can be very beneficial for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis, foot pain, pes planus or flat feet. If you already have, or are considering a back brace, knee brace, wrist or ankle brace we can help to ensure you are using it properly to get the best benefit.
· Extremity adjusting – An extremity is a limb of the body such as a hand or a foot. If you are experiencing weakness, pain, stiffness, immobility, numbness or locking in a joint other than your spine, we are able to address that as well. We can adjust joints of the body including the TMJ, ribs, shoulders, elbows, hands and wrists, hips, knees and feet.
· Kinesiology taping – This therapy involves placing strips of special tape to your skin in specific places and directions to help improve your movement and help support your joints, muscles and tendons. Our providers are trained to use this very effective tool.
· Auto accident – Even the smallest car crash can have long term implications on your health. It is important to get it checked out as soon as possible to ensure the best healing process. Injuries such as whiplash, neck and back pain, headaches, disc herniations are a few of many serious injuries that can result from these types of accidents. Our goal is to help get you out of pain and back to your regular life.
· Work Injuries – Injuries in the workplace can occur over time with repetitive motion and stress or suddenly with something like a slip and fall. If you have been injured at work, please be sure to inform your employer as soon as possible and file a claim. Workplace injuries can be frustrating, but they are very common and we are well trained in helping you get back to where you want to be. This includes workplace injury rehabilitation, work site advice, and ergonomic assessment.